February 10, 2011

Thursday is Painting Day

Today is going to be deemed my “Painting Day”. I was invited to paint with some artist friends on Thursdays at Downtown Art Gallery 630 so I jumped at the chance. How can I pass that up? It’s so cold that I don’t feel like working with clay and this will be a nice break. So this morning I threw together my supplies, grabbed the first good subject I could find and ran out the door. I arrived at 10:00 AM…. perfect.

I couldn’t imagine a better time. The company was enjoyable and inspirational as was expected and I can’t wait to do it again. Once a week on Thursdays is what I’m going to strive for. Hopefully I’ll be able to work that in every week. I’m happy with my work. Here is the completed painting. It’s a 9 x 12 oil painting on gesso coated board which is what I usually work with. I will add it to my website at a later date. http://www.cnbpottery.com/ 



Lonely Apple CIMG3273
Lonely Apple
9 x 12