October 19, 2011

My Pottery Used for Illustration in HandbuiltPotteryOnline.net

I'm a little late in writing this but better late than never. The owner of Handbuilt Pottery Online requested the use of some of my pottery to be used in her October issue. I did proudly accept and she used two of my sgraffito pieces. I must mention the wonderful article she wrote about the history of the sgraffito. Anyone wanting to learn just about everything there is to know about this technique should read the article. I felt honored that she used my Pelican platter for the illustration of the article. The other piece she used was of an Iris on a small vessel and was entered in the "Sgraffito Gallery II". I found her website interesting and enjoyable. There's photos of beautiful work and lots of information on pottery making.
I hope that you enjoy it.

To see the article on sgraffito click here: Strange Name Beautiful Technique
To see the website home page click here:  Handbuilt Pottery Online