July 21, 2012

Winning Entry at Art Melt 2012



Art Melt 2012 was held this year at The Shaw Center for the Arts in Brunner Gallery. The preview show was a blast. There were great bands, food and drinks for all who attended. The night ended with awards for the winning entries. It was a great show with many talented artists and I was very happy to recieve Honorable Mention on my Sgraffito Bottle Vase. I was even happier that it sold so quickly.  The show runs for about 3 more weeks and is free and open to the public. If you have the chance to get out, I believe it's worthwhile to see.  

The show open to the public the next day was enjoyable as well. There were more bands, a children's art show and an Arts Marketplace outside that was quite interesting. I wish there were more booths, but the earlier rain may have causes some to cancel. The children's art show was very enjoyable also. I always love to see the work of up and coming mini artists. I'm often amazed by what they can do at such an early age.